Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships (CDLS) calls for applications for scholarships from citizens of 25 eligible commonwealth countries. The initiative is aimed at contributing to the international development of the UK and the wider interests of overseas countries. The goal is to support the higher education in UK and sustaining the tenets of the Commonwealth.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The CDLS will cover the tuition fees as well as the students’ study grants where applicable. Candidates should note that other scholarships, bursaries, or awards that cover similar costs may not be held simultaneously.
Taking an English language test (IELTS) is not required, however, the university selected by the candidate may require proof of a particular level of English proficiency.
Candidates need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- They must have citizenship of or has been granted refugee status by a Commonwealth nation states or they should be British Protected Persons
- Candidates should be permanent residents in the developing Commonwealth nation state
- Need to have a first undergraduate degree with a score of at least second class honors (upper division). However, a lower qualification and adequate relevant experience may be considered in specific areas
- Applicants should demonstrate that they cannot afford to study in the program without the scholarship
Applicants must first check the list of participating universities & eligible courses. They then apply to study any eligible Master’s course and secure an admission.
NB: Candidates should check with their specific universities on the advice on date of applying, requirements of admission and rules for applying.
Candidates can choose to apply more than one course and/or to one or more universities but can only accept one offer of CDLS
- At least one reference letter directly submitted by a referee on the online application system (email prompt will be shared with the referee for this)
- An offer letter for starting the selected study course in academic year 2022/2023
- Full transcripts of higher education qualifications (certified translations is required if the documents are not in English)
The application must be done on the CSC’s online application system alongside any other application required by candidate’s chosen university
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022